Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

which canon to get

sam mayo

I have a 450D and find it excellent. I think the 1100D is good too, but I seem to recall there being something the 450D has that the 1100 doesn't, but can;t remember what it was. There have been newer models out since I bought the 450D but if you want it for imaging then live view function is a great asset, as is the ability to do frames more than 30seconds or you'll find yourself needing to add more complications to the set up.

Carole

450D was released maybe 4 years ago and since then they have released 500D, 550D, 600D etc. The 1000D & 1100D are entry level cameras, whereas the 450D an up bridge between entry level and professional cameras.

Here's a good comparison of the cameras http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Canon_EOS_digital_cameras

If I was buying now I'd look at getting something between 500D and 650D. A quick look on Ebay shows you can get a 500D body only , no lens, for £300 (£350 with kit lens). That might be a good option if you're only ever attaching it to a scope.

Have a look on the site of camtech cameras at Cotterham I think it is, he is a friend of mine. But a second hand model you will get a much better camera than new. I have had loads of gear from him over the years and the one time something went wrong there wasn't any quibble it was sorted out in a day.

Alan.

Archived