NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

addiction help

This sounds like one of the better addictions. Sure, you spend a little cash but you get in return a whole load of knowledge and some beautiful diagrams and photos. I know folk who'll watch 3 to 4 hours of TV a night and that in my eyes is an awful waste of time and a tragic addiction for this one precious life we have floating in space.

I think some of these 'addictions' can be directly linked with the poor weather we have been experiencing and buying 'stuff' is a way of helping us stay focused and to keep busy when our kit is hibernating in the garage. If your addiction is not facilitated by a subscription of some sort, then you might have a chance of finding a cure or at least in the longer term a managed rehabilitation programme (...I now only buy magazines if I need to e.g kit review). To put your addiction of magazines into context, 'Aperture Fever' is by far the worst type of addiction that borders on a type of psychopathy of which there is most certainly no cure! :grin: :grin: :grin:

We are all sufferers in the dark. :grin:

James

Hi - my name is Richard and I am addicted to astro mags, tried giving them up, but I guess I am too weak to do it....please help :tongue:

i can help rich just send your magazine subscription to me and i'll make sure you never get them :grin:

I recommend joining an astronomy society and then you can often get hold of old mags to read and browse / go to charity shops and then you can get to read all the articles etc for nothing or very little money. Many articles are about the fixed objects in the sky which are of course the same every year...

Mark

is it all in one place though dont want to have to trall through diffrent places,also i do like it when i get 10 mins to myself with a coffee and a mag,dont think taking the laptop to the thrown with me will go down well wioth the family

Don`t think I would even contemplate taking S&N with me to ride the porcelain horse, besides with our family it would not be long before there would be a shout " are you going to be long " lol, in a word I am addicted to my addictions, any reduction would only be because of financial constraints and I can see that coming in the not to distant future too :)

John.

Subscribe to "Space fan news" and "Eyes on the sky" in YouTube. Subscribe to ESA and NASA RSS feeds and visite this forum often. With a smart phone they are always available.

This don't take space around the house, they dont come with full page advertisements and you'll get the news as they come instead of waiting for the end of the month. Oh and it's all free too :)

PS-> if you're wandering about how will you save the articles you like, if you're reading them online, I can recommend google reader. It haves a favorite function for that. Or you can do it old school and print them.

Don`t think I would even contemplate taking S&N with me to ride the porcelain horse, besides with our family it would not be long before there would be a shout " are you going to be long " lol, in a word I am addicted to my addictions, any reduction would only be because of financial constraints and I can see that coming in the not to distant future too :)

John.

John, please don't tell me you ride side saddle on that 'horse' of yours! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: (magic description ....did make me chuckle!!)

James

In a former life I used to buy four or five railway / modelling related magazines a month. I eventually stopped. Now, the only publications I have regularly (on subscription) are Linux Format and Sky at Nightm with the occasional Amateur Photographer or Photo Plus.

There's always the danger of keeping back issues because of articles inside you "might like to refer to one day"... except you get to the stage where you can never remember which issue the article was in and end up trawling through the whole lot! :)

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

John, please don't tell me you ride side saddle on that 'horse' of yours! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: (magic description ....did make me chuckle!!)

James

Yes it brought a smile to my face when I heard it, quite some time ago now though, I think the term is used by our cousins across the pond :)

John.

Archived