NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter mak127

Kevstew

This is my first and only so far picture using a new ed barlow with my skymax 127. taken at about 0300 sept22nd spent most of the night waiting for the clouds to clear only got one avi of 3mins. 370 out of 2600 frames stacked in registax6.

post-24697-0-97044900-1348312209_thumb.j

Thanks i used a Opticstar px35c only had it about a month still trying to work it out, it can do some strange things I've also got a spc880 which I think is the same chip and is easier to use but I get better results with the px35c

Did you manage to load all those frames into Registax or did you trim the AVI first with Virtualdub or something similar ?

The reason I ask is that I have the same camera and whenever I try to load a large file Registax crashes

Nice image by the way :grin:

Alan b this sounds like a problem I've been having I will try and explain. First to answer your question I didn't do anything to the avi just loaded into registax 6. I use a netbook running windows xp when I go into sharpcap I find the camera is listed more than once, px35 and px35 USB 2 if I pick px35 USB 2 the camera works fine, a 3 min capture will give you about 2500 frames if you select high spec frame rate you will get about 5000 frames the file size is also twice as big about 5gb. If I select px35 from the camera list I get a different set of options the camera runs about 30 fps as default I get the same 5gb size avi file but 28000 frames which crashes registax. Sometimes you do get 5500 frames but I can't work out why it works sometimes and not others. Registax 5 sometimes loads up the 28000 frames and it looks like every frame has been copied 5 times so the first 5 frames are the same and so on. I don't know if this helps or makes any sense to you.

Archived