NGC1333 closer up.

ollypenrice

This is all from the ODK14 but much recently shot data has been disappointing. We are not sure why. Here we used some older Bin 2 colour and some new Bin 1 luminance, all from Yves' 14 inch ODK/Mesu/H36 setup. It is basically this image which formed the central part of my recent widefield in the Tak 85, resized to fit in Registar.

Olly

NGC1333-ODK14WEB-XL.jpg

This is all from the ODK14 but much recently shot data has been disappointing. We are not sure why.

In what way is it dissapointing?.. resolution? noisy?

The image looks wonderful, but that could be your mastery of photoshop covering the sins of the kit.

Derek

A lovely image and analysed in great software. I write software but wouldn't have a clue where to start with all that graphics. I think it's amazing - brilliant stuff Cath :):icon_salut: :icon_salut:

In what way is it dissapointing?.. resolution? noisy?

The image looks wonderful, but that could be your mastery of photoshop covering the sins of the kit.

Derek

Low signal and a bit soft. The sky has been 'nearly but not quite' in so far as pulling out all the stops at long FL has been concerned. At shorter FLs and faster F ratios it's been fine.

Cath, I'm too old to have clue as to how you truned our image into a 3D video but thank you!!

Olly

Low signal and a bit soft. The sky has been 'nearly but not quite' in so far as pulling out all the stops at long FL has been concerned. At shorter FLs and faster F ratios it's been fine.

Ah good.. I'll keep the mesu on the wish list then. :smiley:

Derek

Ah good.. I'll keep the mesu on the wish list then. :smiley:

Derek

Oh, the Mesu is the only bit of kit I have here, apart from the Tak FSQ85, which never ever fails! It guided through a couple of nights of dire seeing without demur. Glad to say that the sky is now back in business down in Provence.

Olly

• 1 month later...

Archived