Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

16" Lightbridge

John

I could do it on three counts:

1. It is a meade

2. It is a meade

3. It is a meade.

Their dob compared to the skywatcher is less convinent, and seems to have more problems. Who wants to be unbolting truss tubes to get it down to size?!

Errrrrrrrrrr............ Me :)

I can get it in the back of a Honda Civic. No chance with the Skywatcher unless I strip it down....

Their dob compared to the skywatcher is less convinent, and seems to have more problems. Who wants to be unbolting truss tubes to get it down to size?!

You're kinda missing the whole point of a truss Dob buddy. They're supposed to come to bits. This is to enable a large scope to be transported to a dark sky site. Properly designed truss Dobs come to pieces easily for rapid reassembly once at a dark site.

10mins and its all set up its sounds more of a hassle than it really is but in reality is a great way for us armatures to have big scopes and little cars to get to dark sites mine was too big for me to carry on my own but would recommend a 16 to any one after the views i had

10mins and its all set up its sounds more of a hassle than it really is but in reality is a great way for us armatures to have big scopes and little cars to get to dark sites mine was too big for me to carry on my own but would recommend a 16 to any one after the views i had

Tis a bit big.... But I got a robust (German made - say no more) collapsing trolley which all terrain wheels fits in the back of the car. If I can get the car close, it's two trips. Easy peasy.

Archived