Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Andromeda Widefield

Here is the Andromeda Galaxy taken on holiday in Brittany. The blooming of the brightest stars was caused by some light high cloud. I quite like seeing deep sky objects in a wider setting. There isn't the detail but surrounded by stars make them seam almost more real in a way.

gallery_8645_1145_263037.jpg

9 x 4 minutes exposures, 5 darks, AstroTrac, Canon 5D, Canon 300mm, f/5.6, ISO 800, Deep Sky Stacker

Eliot

Thanks for all the kind responses.

I focus by taking a 30 second image and zooming in as far as I can go on the back of the camera. On some of my lenses I have stuck a piece of paper with a scale drawn on it. I can then get refocus quickly if I knock the camera.

I don't use any Light Pollution filters because I can't get standard ones for my camera / lens. I tend to try to get out in the countryside to take the images and try remove any red/orange in post processing. Where we are on holiday I have got back some of the least light polluted subs I have ever got.

Ah so that's what it looks like through a 300mm, I was going to do that on my next run to see the difference between it and the 600mm, but with such a good image here I won't bother, I'll just send everyone here to see the difference, I was very impressed with the old 5D's performance in my shot, nice to see I'm not the only one getting good results, nice one :grin:

Archived