NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M20 Trifid

MeyGray3833

Howdy, :smiley:

Weather hasn't been the best at all lately and I've also been quite slack around the forums. The oppresive grey clouds and rain has certainly dampened my enthusiasm.

To that end, I was well pleased to get a few nice clear, cold, still and moonless nights to get a few frames of something. So here it is, for better or worse, nearly 5 hours of M20, the Trifid Nebula.

http://www.pbase.com/grahammeyer/image/146053493/large

Details with image. Click original at the bottom of the page for a larger image.

I hope you enjoy the view,

Graham. :grin:

PS: If you click on next, I have shown a crop of the nebula.

Wow! That's superb :) :)

I know what you mean about the weather :( Even when we've had the odd clear night the dew has been horrendous and stopped any imaging except for one or two subs. Also, the last week I've had one father and mother of a cold! :(

Gina, I hope your cold gets better soon! :smiley:
Thank you :) I think I'm on the mend :) Managed to get some imaging in last night up to about 1am. Then I parked, closed the roof and finished off with biases and set up for darks to run overnight. It was a nice clear night though with a fair bit of dew. I'll take flats this morning then I can see how well I did. Seemed pretty good with good guiding.

Thanks for looking, MIke, appreciate your comments. :smiley:

Dew is always a problem, Gina. I built some nice heaters and a PWM box to run them so the glass stays dry. Sometimes it still isn't worth it, but I try to stay out as long as possible as I can never bet on getting two nights imaging in a row. Hope to see your results soon. :grin:

Thanks for looking, MIke, appreciate your comments. :smiley:

Dew is always a problem, Gina. I built some nice heaters and a PWM box to run them so the glass stays dry. Sometimes it still isn't worth it, but I try to stay out as long as possible as I can never bet on getting two nights imaging in a row. Hope to see your results soon. :grin:

I've posted my results in other threads :) I'm well on the way to having dew heaters working :)

Archived