Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Another good car boot sale find - StarPocket

jonathan

I seem to have keen eyes for certain things at car boot sales... last week I missed a very nice Canon digital camera for £20 (my dad bought it instead, I was jealous of his find), this week I picked up another Stellarscope type instrument, but it is much smaller, lighter, self-contained, and has a built-in red LED light.

2239.1.450.450.FFFFFF.0.jpeg

When I looked this up I see that it costs £20 - £30! I got mine for 30p. Also has a little compass in the end. The batteries had leaked a bit, as is usually the case with such things, but a quick wipe off of the residue powder and they are good as new.

I'll be testing it out tonight if the skies are clear. :alien:

I got one of those free with a scope I bought. It's a kind of planisphere. Very crude though. 30p is about what it's worth I reckon !

Sorry Jonathan :undecided:

No worries, just astonished me to see how much they were charging for them online. It's a bit of fun, that's all.

No worries, just astonished me to see how much they were charging for them online. It's a bit of fun, that's all.

Yep - I think anyone who paid £20 or more for one would be sorely disappointed. But as a car boot bargain, as you say, a bit of fun :smiley:

Archived