NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

200 on EQ3-2

Zul

Never tried the EQ4.. but I understand its a quality version of the EQ3-2 (I think). better gears etc.. maybe worth picking one up for sure!. I have (as a side reflection) used a C8 on a EQ3 (shorter tube I know) It did work, but lots of wobbles

Hi..I had bought a second hand 8" mounted on a eq 3/2 had to add extra balance weight to balance it out..my garden is enclosed so wind not a problem .bit wobble from scope focusing ..if your getting for nothing take it ..but as others say bigger mount would be better ..as for alloy legs mine were never extended so can't see why this mount gets slated all the time

It comes with the 150pl. This is a 1200mm ota and the vibes are terrible.I'd stick a short 150 ota on it.

I've filled the tripod legs with cement mix and it's a bit better for smaller refractors. For the new cost of £170, it's a bit of a shaker.

Might be interesting to try wooden legs.An Eq5 is just ace for 200 ota. It's light enough to be portable.

Fair enough if you got the set up 2nd hand and don't suffer wind.

Nick.

Never tried the EQ4.. but I understand its a quality version of the EQ3-2 (I think). better gears etc.. maybe worth picking one up for sure!. I have (as a side reflection) used a C8 on a EQ3 (shorter tube I know) It did work, but lots of wobbles

The Skywatcher EQ4 (now discontinued) is an EQ5 equatorial head mounted on the lighter weight EQ3-2 aluminium legs.

Peter

Archived