SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NGC7000, The Crescent Nebula, M92 & NGC7380

Chris Graham

Three nights a clear skies in a row :grin:

Managed quite a few new images. All taken with an unmodded 350D between 1-2 hours (subs of 3-5mins) at ISO 400 or 800.

NGC7000

1h15min_iso800image1small.jpg

The Crescent Nebula

7thSep20071h10min_close.jpg

M92 with some faint galaxies

6thsep2007_2h_iso400_close.jpg

6thsep2007_2h_iso400_g_info.jpg

NGC7380 -

So many stars in this image!!! I was suppose to be taking a photo of the Iris Nebula but I think the Synscan has the incorrect object. Very faint and really need a modded cam to gather more data.

small_close_1h40min_iso800.jpg

It was a great few nights and next time I'm gonna try for the Iris Nebula.

:wink::D:lol:

Chris, you may be able to answer a question here, does the NGC7000 only produce the nebulosity via the picture or can you see it through the telescope?? Lovely shots all of them.

I've seen the NA from a dark site in my C8, but only portions of it at a time. It's a matter of eye training, I think, much like seeing the Veil. It's just so BIG! ;)

I was trying to find NGC7000 last night using bino's, thought I got it too. However, looking into the milky way there's so much stuff that is shining that it's hard to be certain (this was a reasonably dark site). What made me think I'd got it was I thought I saw the dark "Gulf of Mexico". Is this how other people find it?

Cheers, Martin

Archived