Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Neptune - 19th Aug 2012 - 5 days before opposition

King

I've been struggling with this planet for a while and am not sure I've done it right.

Colour camera was no go so I used the DMK21.

x3 barlow used and blown up 200%. I cheated with the colour but I have previous images to "borrow" colour from.

If nothing else it looks... interesting?

post-11608-0-41008600-1345338052_thumb.j

I've been struggling with this planet for a while and am not sure I've done it right. Colour camera was no go so I used the DMK21. x3 barlow used and blown up 200%. I cheated with the colour but I have previous images to "borrow" colour from.

If nothing else it looks... interesting?

Nice - so that's 2m fl x 3 barlow x2 enlarge = 12m efl!

Even at 12 meters upscaled, that looks rather large for neptune ? You need to be careful with cheating by adding colour. As it could add information i would have thought ? indeed theres shadings on the planet. But i suspect they are artifacts ? Still i havent ever attempted Neptune. So nice one for doing this. Time to use the go to. Nice work

Oh it was tiny. I had to use nothing less than a x3 barlow to even have anything worthwhile on the screen, and the frames weren't very clear. All I could do was process that as best I can and "imagine" where in all that is the disc, so it's conceivable that I made it too big.

Then again it's also conceivable that my GOTO pointed at something else, although I did check Stellarium.

Well it's just two days off opposition now so if there is a decent time to go for it in the UK this is it. I meant to have another go last night actually but I didn't wake up early enough and I wasn't going to stay up for it because I'd already done that the previous night for Jupiter.

I regret not doing it now because the weather report for tonight is less favourable.

Archived