NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Ced214 in Narrowband

swag72

This was a work in progress as I wanted to add RGB to create some nice coloured stars - Maybe I'll capture that tonight! Anyway, I have spent a long time today processing this with different amounts of data. Initially I tried 6 hours of each Ha, OIII and SII. I thought that if the results were good then it would save me a lot of capture time, although that is still 18 hours.

I found I got a lot of noise with that, so settled on working with all the data I had so far. This has worked out much better and the level of noise was far better with the additional hours. So, for my own little experiment I have decided that I will stick with 1 nights Ha, 2 nights OIII and 3 nights SII.

Details

M: HEQ5

T: Pentax 75SDHF

C: Atik 314L+ with Baader narrowband filters

Ha 19x1200s

OIII 28x1200s

SII 50x1200s

Total time - 32hours 20min

No calibration files and all taken at 0 degrees as I still battle with heat. Whether or not this is worth over 32 hours I'm not sure!! But I've enjoyed it.

7796546996_9b5e4c5881_c.jpg

Ced214 (Cederblad 214) in narrowband by swag72, on Flickr

I think this looks stunning! 32 hrs is crazy! But your it shows and really helps. Adding calibration frames would just make this an even more amazing image! Great job!

Can't believe your pushing 20min subs either! Or that you've had that many clear nights lol. Hope the clouds stay away for you to get that RGB! Good luck.

Thank you for commenting and appreciating the pic. It is down to these forums that I have managed to improve my imaging at all as well as peoples comments when it all goes wrong!!!! When it goes well, it's nice to be able to post it.

Great image Sara - probably your best one so far. Producing 6 nights of data for one target is a huge feat, so well done, it really shows the fine detail that has come through. With the weather in the UK though, 6 clear nights translates to about 3 months!

Thanks Martin - I really do appreciate how lucky I am to get so many clear nights compared to you guys. While I will now happily assign 6/7 nights to a narrowband image I am fairly confident that I will get that in a couple of weeks at most. Highly unlikely in the UK.

While I will now happily assign 6/7 nights to a narrowband image I am fairly confident that I will get that in a couple of weeks at most. Highly unlikely in the UK.

Right! Everyone over to Sara's place!! :D

Archived