Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Horizon Special "A Mission To Mars"

Monty

This was definitely a better program than the last Venus offering. Some nice shots of the MSL clone. I wish thay had of explained the rovers equipment in more detail though, maybe cut a bit of the surfing out (which was nice looking)

Overall a good watch and fingers crossed for Monday morning. Working at JPL must be for stress junkies. But it's good stress I guess, knowing that you have a cool, cutting edge job.

One thing it did for me was remind me how good a song 'sweet child of mine' is :p Was quite good though, i must say i can see the landing going horribly wrong though..

love that intro !

yup, I had that feeling especially when the timing of the whole thing was described, and the fact they've only unit tested it, not as a complete system ! :-o

blimmin good, just what we expect from Horizon...

ditto, Mindburner. Nice show overall but they didn't explain a lot of the interesting stuff. e.g. what exactly are the measurement devices? I guess the camera that looks at the laser blasts has a spectroscope in it, but they don't say. Very little info on what SAM does. Does it do mass spec? How does it clean out previous rock samples (or even can it do that?). I also don't understand what the flight team are doing as landing approaches. They seem have an awful lot of work to do during the last few hours, but how much control do they actually have given the time delay?

Archived