Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Revelations

Yes, I have one which has ever so slightly different contents. I think perhaps it had one more eyepiece but no T adaptor. For the money they're decent quality eyepieces and whilst I've replaced the shorter focal lengths with BGOs now, I still use the 32mm more than any other eyepiece. The moon filter is a decent one rather than the plastic-mounted ones you often see. I've never used the colour filters. The barlow is also quite acceptable and I still use it for planetary imaging.

Even if you ignore the filters, I'd say the eyepieces and barlow, in a case, are a decent step up from the stock ones supplied with most scopes and definitely worth the price.

If you only have one scope and only plan to have one scope and can therefore restrict your eyepiece collection to ones that do what you want with that scope then there are perhaps better options, but if you want a range of eyepieces to use across several scopes, or to experiment with to get a feel for what works for you, I think it's hard to do better.

James

The Revelation eye piece kit always gets good reviews on here Ant. Don't have the kit myself but have two of their digiscoping EP's (well one actually, the other is a GSO, but same maker).

I think the question that most people ask about the kit revolves around whether they want all the EP's and if the colour filters are a useful extra - regardless, it is in a nice box

The problem with getting the BST's is that they seem to all be second hand. I know the eBay advert say's new but my dad doesn't trust eBay. As for Sky's the Limit I don't know where the seller get's the Eyepieces from or even if the're second hand or not!

So what's wrong with second hand? Well the sellers seem to all be very far from me! On ABS someone is selling all his Kit at a great price. A 200P dob, BST EP's, a Cheshire collimator and some other things for £280! But he's so far away my dad worries about fuel!

I have the Revelation kit which I bought new from FLO and am very pleased with it - especially the 32mm as previously mentioned. I also have the Skyliner 200P which I got secondhand. I did have to wait a few months before I saw one advertised locally but it was certainly well worth the wait. I don't ever use the Skywatcher eyepieces as I much prefer the Revelations. Not sure which you should get first but either way I am sure you will be very pleased!

The BST's on EBay are new, and the cheaper ones come from the dealer 'Skys the Limit' (there are some on there that are a few quid more but I have never used them - just Skys the Limit') Go the the website first and check him out, and then order through EBay once you are happy - I believe Alan (the owener) prefers to do it that way.

The Revelelation Kit, is very decent, I was sceptical about the shorter focal length EPs but ended up being pleasantly surprised.

The 32mm projection EP is lovely for wide fields and great to use for photography. The Barlow is reasonable though you may feel like replacing that. The moon filter is as said above good quality, the other colour filters I have used for solar and some planetary viewing, they help a little to pull out some details, but I can see them getting only occasional use (especially the violet !).

Very good value for money and you would not be disappointed with this set.

My university astrosoc has a Revelation eyepiece kit. The eyepieces are optically better than the ones that came with their Celestron SLT. Their built quality is not bad.

However, you should replace the scope before you upgrade the eyepiece. The 25mm plossl that comes with most scope aren't too bad, and certainly good enough to get you started.

The problem with getting the BST's is that they seem to all be second hand. I know the eBay advert say's new but my dad doesn't trust eBay. As for Sky's the Limit I don't know where the seller get's the Eyepieces from or even if the're second hand or not!

So what's wrong with second hand? Well the sellers seem to all be very far from me! On ABS someone is selling all his Kit at a great price. A 200P dob, BST EP's, a Cheshire collimator and some other things for £280! But he's so far away my dad worries about fuel!

They're brand new. If you've got any questions, be sure to email Alan at Sky's the Limit, he is very helpful and should be able to answer any of your questions :).

As for the original question, the set has more positive reviews than the Celestron Set, and certainly the 32mm is the highlight of the set, I'd suggest to get the scope first, and the kit may give you a good idea of what EPs to get in the future.

"All the bst`s seem to be secondhand" wrong, they dont come up for sale used very often!, Alan only sells new ones, both from his website and on ebay, he is a pleasure to deal with, both helpful and funny, he is also a member of this forum

I bought a BST Explorer 8mm EP this week from Alan (see corr. above) and it is clearly new, arrived very quickly, and is very good indeed (unusually, it was clear here last night, so I tried it out with my 5" Mak on the double-double and a number of other doubles in the patch of clear sky around Cygnus).

Chris

Archived