Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Apologies, but I just had to do it.......

Well it has been tipping it down for weeks, so a little more won't make any difference. The dreaded new scope curse is upon us again. Just hit the buy button and ordered a Celestron C9.25-SGT XLT GOTO from FLO.

Unfortunately they are all out of stock, so will have to join the queue for the next delivery in July. Something to look forward to.

Even if it arrived tomorrow I probably wouldn't be able to use it with this appaling weather anyway. It also gives it time for the nights to get a bit longer again. Just hope I don't start to suffer from buyers remorse now.

You do realise, it's not when you receive the scope that causes cloud, it's when you order it! So now the rest of us have to suffer with clouds until July at the earliest!

But congratulations anyway :)

Like I say. 1000 apologies. It may have become something of an "in joke" on SGL, but you have to actually ask the question, is it really the kiss of death everytime someone buys a spangly new piece of gear that we get clouded, fogged, rained or snowed out?

Of course I am joking, but sometimes the cynical amongst us have to really ask the question.

Its not all your fault Malc, I too have just ordered a brand new sparkly 250pds from FLO just 10 mins ago,

But if everyone wants to blame you and not me thats fine by me.

Kev.

Never had to wait before, so this is all new to me. When I got my 127 SLT last year they were in stock, so placed an order and the day after, Mr UPS man came knocking on my door. Well as I said earlier, with this rubbish weather I probably wouldn't be able to use it anyway.

I didnt ask about if they were in stock, But I did ask a couple of weeks ago and they were, I like FLO's service so I placed the order with them, Id rather wait for FLO than to use someone I havent dealt with before.

If it comes as quick as my NEQ6 that came within 2 days of order, I'll be (wait for the pun) Over the moon.. (did you get it - over the moon eh ?)

Ok no more jokes.

Kev.

with this rubbish weather I probably wouldn't be able to use it anyway.

But its still nice just to touch and look at. and look through the eyepiece at the wallpaper which is so out of focus cause your 2 million miles too close LOL.

Excellent.... Is it just the ota you are getting?

I took delivery of a NEQ6 pro synscan last month, even with my 150p it made a difference on the 2 hours I got to use it, just purely by putting what I wanted to look at almost dead centre in th eyepiece. I'm quite lucky I didnt think id be getting mount and scope but due to a few old low cost endowments coming to fruition withina few months of each other I got the cash to spend, otherwise it would have been ages, Unfortunatley now I got all the gear but still got no idea.

Kev.

You do realise, it's not when you receive the scope that causes cloud, it's when you order it! So now the rest of us have to suffer with clouds until July at the earliest!

But congratulations anyway :)

I can confirm this. As soon as i ordered my 250px clouds decended on us like a shadow. I must apologise to my fellow astronomers for my mishap this month!

Well i wish you luck. I oredered my 200pds 4 weeks ago and it was a glorious weekend of sunny days and clear nights. The scope got delivered on the tuesday and its been depressing ever since. Still waiting to look through it.

Archived