Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sunspot Triangle

thenews24

Great photos especially through a PST. What camera and set up arrangements did you use?

Mark

I know, I am still always impressed at the pst's capabilties. Um, I used an Orion StarShoot color imaging webcam. I know in hydrgen alpha, monochromatic would be ideal, but this little webcam works great!

Other then that, all I did was unscrew the the barlow lens out of its housing, and screwed that into the threaded nose peice of the webcam. Then processed the images in registax, which I think final stack size of the first image was something like 450 frames.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't wait for the next sunny day as I have just taken possession of a Lunt Herschel wedge and Baader solar continuum filter, so that now I can use all my scopes. Was going to get astrozap filters for all of them but when I added it up the Lunt looked by far the better bet. Sorry, have probably just put the kybosh on the daytime weather as well, haven't I?

Archived