Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ToV

pixelsaurus

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its a Sheila (Kathleen Skene) and no, I do not think she enjoyed it. I love the comments, much better writing than the article itself :)

Thankyou for the most stunningly ignorant piece of opinion ever. Are you being paid for this?

The comments are pretty good. Nothing like being shown up as being a dimwit by your own readers! ha ha

Anyone have any clue what Celine Dion has got to do with it? I'm a little bewildered by that.

:icon_confused:

The article's obviously not very serious, but I understand where the author's coming from. It's a once-in-a-lifetime event, of huge historic significance and current scientific importance, and for me it was very special to see it because of that, but for a people spoilt by multicoloured Hubble images of nebulae and galaxies, and space probe close-ups of planets the transit was no visual stunner.

What a complete waste of time and wages! I do love all the comments.

By the way, there's nothing wrong with being a 'Sheila'. I'm one (British though) and I'm not too ignorant! Stupidity is not gender-related.

You've just reminded me of a joke John Dobson tells in the programme about him:

Adam is talking to God just after he created Eve and is clearly a bit miffed. Adam says to God: "How come you made her so sweet and pretty?"

"Because I wanted to you like her, Adam"

"Then why did you make her so stupid?"

God shrugs his shoulders. "Well, so that she'd like you."

James

There are still Australian journalists? I'd have thought they'd have had them all shot by now.

James

Why would you want to shoot aussie journo's? after all, it was the pommy journos that hacked and tapped the phonelines ;)

Here is her response article.

She was being funny. :BangHead:

http://www.townsvill...on.html#comment

Oh, the old "it was postmodern humour" excuse. Often trolled out when it turns out the author has misread the mood of the crowd. Rarely works, and certainly never as successful as admitting you may just have been completely wrong.

James

Why would you want to shoot aussie journo's? after all, it was the pommy journos that hacked and tapped the phonelines ;)

We haven't had journalists for years. Just far too many way-below-average comic strip writers.

James

yeah you're probably right. those phone hackers probably got no money at all :smiley:

LOL sorry, no offence intended, they are all as bad as each other :) Its not just NOTW or Sun journalists after all, they are just the ones we are hearing the most about.

Archived