Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Welcome one and all!!

sologuitarist61

Hi Guys and Gals, well here we are at last with a group page of our own.

It can be used for whatever you want really, but would expect it to be used for local topics, weather, dark sky sights, star parties, arrange meet ups, or just a general chat page. It is yours to use as you wish.

I will put a General message in the Lounge forum so that others who might not be aware of its existence will come forward.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Richard for setting this group up. Look forward to hearing from some friendly locals and sharing a few dark sky stories, assuming we get some clear dark skies any time soon?!?

Oh and of course, good to see the group name puts Cornwall in it's place! Lol.

Thanks Richard for setting this group up. Look forward to hearing from some friendly locals and sharing a few dark sky stories, assuming we get some clear dark skies any time soon?!?

Oh and of course, good to see the group name puts Cornwall in it's place! Lol.

Ummm, not my doing I can assure you .... mind you I understand Kai helped set it up and where does Kai come from ???? I say no more

Thanks to the admin, Helen, Kai and anyone else who has helped getting the group a little section of the forum.

Looking forward to the darker evenings and meeting some of you now. :)

Hi all. I'm a member of the NLO (Norman Lockyer Observatory Society) in Sidmouth.

Just to let you know, or remind you, that we have our Centenary year Astro Fair on the 11th August.

09:00-18:00. See www.normanlockyer.com for more details.

Nice one Richard.

It'll be nice to hopefully meet a few local(ish) people who don't think that I'm that weird guy who stands out in his garden all night til his hands get so cold he has to mash his laptop keyboard with the palm of his hand.

Looking forward to finding out where a few more dark sites are too. Already found one less than 5miles from me thanks to Mike73. Haven't been able to try it out yet as the liquid sunshine has only stopped long enough for the gales to blow more clouds over.

Lastly, Kai and Orange Haze have rather glibly inferred that a lesser class of person will be encountered when journeying beyond the Tamar. They are of course correct..... but only when setting out from Penzance. :grin:

Clear skies all.

Luke

Nice one Richard.

It'll be nice to hopefully meet a few local(ish) people who don't think that I'm that weird guy who stands out in his garden all night til his hands get so cold he has to mash his laptop keyboard with the palm of his hand.

Looking forward to finding out where a few more dark sites are too. Already found one less than 5miles from me thanks to Mike73. Haven't been able to try it out yet as the liquid sunshine has only stopped long enough for the gales to blow more clouds over.

Lastly, Kai and Orange Haze have rather glibly inferred that a lesser class of person will be encountered when journeying beyond the Tamar. They are of course correct..... but only when setting out from Penzance. :grin:

Clear skies all.

Luke

Hi Luke, good to hear from you again and welcome to the new Devon and Cornwall group

With regard to the lesser class of person - you must remember that to us, you are the ones we find when journeying across the Tamar :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: (Not that we do that often - why would you need to when Cornwall is so lovely? :grin: :grin: )

Joking apart feel free to start whatever threads you want. The more of us who do then the greater the chance of others joining.

Regards

Hmmmm , wondering wether to rename the group . "Devon makes the better Pasty"...........oooohhhh the power to corrupt :grin: :grin: :grin:

And of course i could just unapprove any dissenters :police: :police:

Anyway hi to everybody.

Btw you may gather that imo lifes too short for me to take most things seriously :icon_jokercolor:

Hmmmm , wondering wether to rename the group . "Devon makes the better Pasty"...........oooohhhh the power to corrupt :grin: :grin: :grin:

And of course i could just unapprove any dissenters :police: :police:

Anyway hi to everybody.

Btw you may gather that imo lifes too short for me to take most things seriously :icon_jokercolor:

Come on Steve, you cannot have a Devon and Cornwall group site without friendly banter about pasties and cream teas!! We both think we make the best of both, so one of us is wrong and it depends what side of the Tamar you live!! As it happens I much prefer Devonshire Clotted cream to the Cornish stuff anyway.

In all seriousness I would prefer this small part of the forum to have a lighthearted approach as some of the content in the greater forums gets a bit heavy for me and as you save Steve, life is indeed too short ..... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Whilst your on about Cream Tea's , if any of you are ever up in North Devon , The Corn Dolly in South Molton is very nice ;)

Oh and i have single handedly taken it upon myself to test the Cornish / Devon cream Tea myth........many years of research some may say :)

A man after my own heart obviously. If we go anywhere during the summer, the day out has to end (or indeed start) with a cream tea - it just isn't a day out without one ;)

Look forward to trying the Corn Dolly next time I'm up that way. Had a Cream Tea in Widecombe a few weeks back when it was still nice and on the menu was a cream tea or a half of a cream tea, so I asked what the difference was, so she told me that half a cream tea only had one scone .... now that is an affront to me manhood, so I of course had the full Cream Tea. When it came I could see why they offered the half Cream Tea version as each scone was like half a loaf of bread :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: Took some eating but I got there eventually :eek: :eek:

Archived