Facebook?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, does seem weird. But if most people realised just how much information flows around the web and similarly through other computer systems about all kinds of things related to them they would freak and forget about Facebook for a while.

Ok. so facebook is watching....anyone else?

Only messing, don't worry.

Aenima

I stopped using FB when i found out that it contacted everyone on my private email contact list to tell them that i was now on facebook and to come join me and look at my pictures.

Clients,banks,health care workers etc that i communicate with by email were emailing me back saying "Thanks, but i dont think it would be appropriate for us to communicate with you via FB".

I never sent out those invites.

Rant over.

got me nervous now, ive had a f.b account for a couple o years. but dont use it a great deal. theres alot of pics on there though. should i close it ?

You can adjust the security settings so that you only share pics with friends and family. Thats fine, but FB still will know more about you then you do.

Thats the part i dont like.

Never used FB and am never likely to - however I am a bit old for that stuff

I also feel i am a bit too old to make use of this modern social networking stuff. I only tried FB to see what all the hype was about. I was lost on it and saw no point to it. It was the privacey (or lack of) that made me close down my account.

I have never had a Facebook account but the kids at the school where I work hve made a section just for me - apparently I'm "amazing"! (not sure whether or not I should like that!! ;) )

You must be doing something right if your students like you.

The facebook/msn/google/ etc are just bots and spiders reading all the posts - same as they always have. They just didn't appear in the list.

There is a setting to allow people to upload / download statuses from Facebook, currently this is turned off - but even if it was turned on YOU would need to provide you FB credentials to do it.

If you haven't then it can't.

Cheers

Ant

I once visited the FB site to see what it was all about but did NOT join it due to lots of security issues involving FB's being taken to court for misuse of members' personal info. Of course, I couldn't see a sample of the site's goins on like many other "forum" sites as a guest. Just one more reason to stay away from the site.

Anyway,a day later I got e-mails stating I have lots of friends on FB so why not join? Oh yea? I have "friends" on a site I don't use? Sure! Well, I'll just sign right up! Not over my dead computer :kiss:

i use avg-free anti virus.

the latest version comes with a rather nice tracker blocker that makes it real easy to see who or what is tracking your online activity (including FB) and block it if you wish.

M

Archived