Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Facebook?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arggggg.........

Facebook.........

Run away - very fast.........

I'm not a an anticapitalist or privacy nutter, but boy oh boy, FB is an app that scares me. I'm pretty IT literate (have set up own businesses RAID NAS drives, web sites etc. etc.) so i'm not afraid of technology and my business is all about peer to peer networks (real ones not electron based ones) yet I refuse to get involved.

A good friend of mine is a World leading IT guru, who designs and sells Facebook mining software among other things for major corporations. A chat over a few beers put me right off. He's not on it if that's a clue.....!

You only have to read the ceo of facebooks comments re his customers when he just started the company to put you off.

I use the ghostery add on for firefox to block a load of trackers. Google is just as bad as cataloguing your life on the net, sware iron was a browser based on chrome that blocked google from suggesting ads.

I don't wear tin foil hats, it's just my life and not some companies :)

I love the way whenever a topic is started about Facebook on any forum the only people who post are the ones that dont have an account but have hundreds of horror stories about how bad/intrusive it all is and have a friend of a friend that knows somebody that......

The millions of people that use it daily with no problems dont bother posting, they just laugh :D

You only have to read the ceo of facebooks comments re his customers when he just started the company to put you off.

I use the ghostery add on for firefox to block a load of trackers. Google is just as bad as cataloguing your life on the net, sware iron was a browser based on chrome that blocked google from suggesting ads.

I don't wear tin foil hats, it's just my life and not some companies :)

Just downloaded Ghostery thank you. Two things blocked on SGl (Facebook Connect and Google+1 or something??) and about 50 million via Facebook! Very interesting indeed.

eta - and the Firefox 'do not track' thing clearly doesn't stop any tracking.

Archived