Evenin' all

Hi Folks:)

I'm new to this forum lark, so it's just a quick note to say hello.

I've been into astronomy for most of my life... oh, alright then...nearly 45 years.

My first scope was a Greenkat refractor(remember those)? I now own three scopes, one of which is a piggyback combination of an ETX 90 tube and an 80mm refractor. The other is a Skywatcher 250mm Newtonian, which I mount on an EQ5. It just about copes with the Newt-only just, the EQ6 is out of my league at the moment. I,m sort of dabbling with imaging at the moment,which is where my main interest lie. I,ll try and post some shots on here in the near future.

I'll sign off for now as It's getting late and looking rather muggy out there, otherwise i'd be outside.

Cheers and clear skies to all

Dek

Hi Dek and a very warm welcome to SGL, I came across your intro thread in the Beginners Help and Advise section, I hope you do not mind but I have moved you into the Welcome section where I am sure you will meet a greater cross section of our membership. Enjoy your Astronomy :(

John.

Hi Folks

I hope i'm in the right section for this question,if not, then please feel free to shuffle this to the right part Mr/Mrs moderator.

I have a query about webcams for astronomy. The benchmark was always the Phillips Toucam pro, then people raved about the SPC9000. Which is the current favourite? I might be in the market for a new webcam in the not too distant future and would be grateful of any advice.

Cheers everyone.

They are still the best if you can get hold of them. the celestron neximage is a repackaged toucam but they are also pricy but easier to get hold of. some people are having success with microsoft lifecams. As far as I recall it's only the toucam and it's derivatives that have successful lx mods though I may be wrong on that

Archived