Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mega wide NGC7000 from Alaska to Africa

Kaptain Klevtsov

Following Rog's success with a 50mm SLR lens I had a bash with a 35mm wideangle SLR lens to see what would happen more than anything else. Be warned if you are on dial up this is a large file. A smaller version is on Stargazrs.

992_thumbnail.jpeg

(click to swell up a lot)

Atik 16HR with a Ha Astronomik filter stuck on a T mount 35mm SLR wideangle lens.

12 shots at 10 minutes unguided on an EQ6, stacked in Maxim, curves, cropped, coloured and JPG'd in Photoshop.

No Perseids though. :D

Kaptain Klevtsov

Gordon Bennet ,thats a huge wide field KK ,shows a lot going on there as well , whats it look like in b/w , any difference ,just wish i could fit a filter wheel to mine , but would,nt get focus , could keep changing the filters i guess , but to much like hard work.nice image though KK

Rog :D

Just thinking CC, i could use my HA , ONE FOR THE LUM AND ALSO THE RED .EMISSION , THEN ALL I HAVE TO DO THE FIRST CLEAR NIGHT , JUST USE THE O111 FILTER , FOR THE REFLECTION NEB , AS THIS WOULD ONLY BE MAINLY EMISSION AND REFLECTION ANYWAY , WHAT YA THINK.

Rog

sorry about the caps

Thanks for the comments guys :)

Just thinking CC, i could use my HA , ONE FOR THE LUM AND ALSO THE RED .EMISSION , THEN ALL I HAVE TO DO THE FIRST CLEAR NIGHT , JUST USE THE O111 FILTER , FOR THE REFLECTION NEB , AS THIS WOULD ONLY BE MAINLY EMISSION AND REFLECTION ANYWAY , WHAT YA THINK.

Rog

sorry about the caps

I'll have a go tonight if its clear Rog. I'll have to do a synthetic green, but Noel will do that for me. You thinking Ha Fake OIII for the RGB?

Great fun this megasuperwide stuff, no guiding to worry about or anything fiddly.

Just checked, we're due for clouds, wind and rain for ages now, just for a change, but its definitely on the to-do list. :D

Kaptain Klevtsov

That's a big chunk of sky KK. Great to see all the stuff in one pic.

Think an OIII would add something. I prefer to split the OIII into a green and a blue channel rather than create a synthetic green from a red and blue channel, just seems to give better colour. You can combine the Ha and OIII to create a lum. Will look forward to that one.

Archived