NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M101: 18min subs...but not enough?

cloudbuster

really good night the other night, and enjoyed one's self! not enough hours in the night though i fear...dark wise at any rate! still, here's the incriminating evidence!:

Failand 15.5.12

skywatcher 200pds 8"

Canon 40d

CLS light pollution filter

800 asa

7 subs 15 min

3 subs 18 min (my longest yet!)

30 flats 1/45 tv mode

17 darks 15 min (done in fridge)

6 darks 18 min (done in fridge)

40 bias 1/8000th sec

stacked in DSS

Processed in Pixinsight

please let me know your thoughts:D

cheers

bob

post-16166-133877777174_thumb.jpg

That's a VERY nice M101 Bob, well done, you've come on in leaps and bounds.

Carole

crikey on two counts Carole: firstly i'm chuffed that u like it....and.....where have u been? abducted by the mothership perhaps?:)

It's cloudy and miserable out there, I have no fresh stacks of my own really to play with and the miss just put on Eastenders...

So I had a play with your image to pass time. It's not better now by any means, just different. I know you know your stuff Cb.

I need some clear nights again! Slowly going nuts...

post-28991-133877777267_thumb.jpg

A super job, Bob - What with your M51 last week and now this, with 18 minute subs(:)), you certainly seem to be getting the hang of things! I know some frown on Synguider's but you've certainly proved that you can get yours to work alright!

A Coma corrector - Yes.... you need one of those, and although this a winner as it is, if you could get another night's data on this, it would make all the difference :).

Archived