Noobie from Suffolk

Miaow

Hi guys and girls

I'm Miaow , 31 and from Suffolk UK! New to the world of telescopes and all that comes with it!

I've had a huge interest in astronomy for quite a long time, but interest was as far as it went until now.

I finally got my 1st telescope (skywatcher 130p) and i'm itching for the skies to clear so i can get viewing the wonders that are out there. My other passion is photography, so i cant wait to marry the 2 together and see what happens.

Looking into good books or magazine subscriptions to help me learn and grow with my new hobby...

Look forward to chatting with you all and more than likely annoying you with all my questions ;)

Now off to nose around the place.

Miaow x

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah i may of jumped straight in without an introduction! Ooops.

Thanks for all your help and advice so far, everyone is very helpful

Miaow x

Welcome Miaow. Welcome. I used to live up in Norfolk and if I remember rightly, there is an observatory or club somewhere near Loddon. I visited it once and the people there were very friendly. Not sure if you'd been or know of it.

Thanks ;)

Welcome Miaow. Welcome. I used to live up in Norfolk and if I remember rightly, there is an observatory or club somewhere near Loddon. I visited it once and the people there were very friendly. Not sure if you'd been or know of it.

No i didnt know of it, so thank you! I will have to look into taking a visit :eek:

Miaow x

Hey Chownsie, we did indeed!

According to the weather reports it 'should' be mainly clear here in Suffolk tonight ;) .. But we shall see.

Thanks for the welcome

Miaow x

Hi Miaow

A warm welcome to the SGL, congratulation on you scope hopefully the weather will get better , not sure if you know but there is a free download called " stellarium" that is very good and there are down loads on Iphone ect that are also very good to help you round the sky

clear skies

Doug

Hi Miaow and welcome to the forum.

Given your tag name I am surprised you didn't go for a Catadioptric telescope (cassegrain etc) rather than a newtonian. ;):D......apologies, I'll get my coat!

Hope you enjoy the forum,

James

Hi Miaow

A warm welcome to the SGL, congratulation on you scope hopefully the weather will get better , not sure if you know but there is a free download called " stellarium" that is very good and there are down loads on Iphone ect that are also very good to help you round the sky

clear skies

Doug

I was told about it by another member and downloaded it this morning :eek:

As for Iphone apps, not looked yet! But i will later.

Hi Miaow and welcome to the forum.

Given your tag name I am surprised you didn't go for a Catadioptric telescope (cassegrain etc) rather than a newtonian. ;):D......apologies, I'll get my coat!

Hope you enjoy the forum,

James

:mad: ..

Thanks for such a warm welcome guys, i'm loving the place already, my credit card however!!!!! Well i'm sure you know the rest

Miaow x

Archived