Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My first attempt at the Moon. 200P/1100D/2xBarlow

coxy322

Hello

I have already posted a couple of my first DSO shots in the relevant subsection, so here is my first attempt at imaging the Moon.

This is a mosaic of three frames. Processed in Gimp and touched up on PS. Great to finally shoot the mighty moon whilst just over mid-phase, with still some shadow left to highlight some detail.

6989101278_bc3042aae3_b_d.jpg

Any comments or advice for the next attempt?

Ash

Sometimes as the moon approaches full-ishness, the brightness is overpowering but you've done a good job there. Some of the brighter elements can easily get washed out but you've kept that reasonably under control. Craters, especially old Clauvius look great - looks like that might make a good close up shot too. Really well put together images though. Nice one!

Thanks for the comments!

Was taking apart my Barlows last night. Figured that I can get the 2x Barlow barrel to attach to the TAL 3x Barlow... also can load a filter between the two! (The 2x Barlow has a T-Ring screwthread integrated & the TAL doesn't).

So, will try out taking pics of the moon at greater magnification and with a filter to bring the light down. Will post up the results. Any advice welcome... Let's all pray that this cloud goes away soon...

Ash

Archived