NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Latest Eyepiece Set

Hi Guys

This is my latest eyepiece collection.

Decided to go with the Celestron X-Cel LX range to replace my Hyperions.

The reason i changed was to get better performance with my 250PX f4.76 newt.

Graham

P1010145.jpg

Great looking set Graham :(

I suppose the big question is .... are they delivering better performance than the Hyperions with your 250mm F/4.7 ?

I've been wondering about a change in direction within my eyepieces to liberate some capital for other projects. I think the X-Cell LX range would be a strong contender for me.

I think they would be a good bet, but can you bare to sacrifice 40° of angular real-estate?

Not sure :( - I'm not in a hurry to make the decision to be honest - just mulling ideas around, as you do :D

It's good to know that there are decent quality alternatives that don't break the bank though :p

That's a good range too - these appear to be having the same impact as the BST Explorers had last year, and with some improvement.

I see you have a Panaview 32mm Graham - doesn't that struggle in the dob?

andrew

Could I ask a "newbie" question ... Why have you opted for both a 25mm & 12mm plus an 18mm & 9mm when you have a 2x Barlow. Wouldn't the 2x Barlow convert the 25mm to 12.5mm, and the 18mm to 9mm? Seems to be a lot of 'overlap' going on there?

Mike

Good question Mike.

I have to admit that i much prefer to use prime eyepieces rather than barlow existing ones .

I mainly use the barlow for webcam imaging.

Plus , having 2 scopes , sometimes operating at the same time , then i have an eyepiece available to use.

Less faffing about too.

Graham

Hi Graham,

I had exactly the same thoughts as yourself and have swapped my Hyperions for a set of Meade 5000 HD-60's that I am picking up tomorrow. I gather that the HD-60's and very similar if not the same according to some members....

I have a 7mm x-cel lx on its way, might add to the range if i get on well with it, but starting with 7mm as i really wanted a high power planetary ep for my 100rs

Archived