NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New piggyback OTA

SteveL

As well as my William Optics ZS SD 66mm I purchased from Auntie FLO, I thought it was also worth trying out my new small piggyback OTA.

May I present my new lightweight PR1NG13S 70mm

pringles01.jpg

As you can see, this fits nicely in the ADM rails/rings, attached to my NexStar 8 GPS. Its lightweight, well balanced, and comes in three different tube colours

pringles04.jpg

The above image also shows that the PR1NG13S OTA can be attached to pretty much any imaging or eyepiece system you have in your own kit (supports up to 3.5" visual back!!!)

Novel features include a transparent lens cap for imaging when its raining

pringles02.jpg

And also an optional feature only seen so far on the Hubble Space Telescope: a hinged sun protector / solar film

pringles03.jpg

Inside, it is foil lined to reflect the heat, and just look at the number of baffles in this beast!

pringles05.jpg

Here it is as it is now, ready for use. The best thing about it is that the baffle stops are edible... yes, edible!! So the more you use it, the lighter it gets, and therefore your tracking acuracy gets better as the evening progresses.

pringles06.jpg

I hope you have enjoyed this quick review, and I am looking forward to first meal... err... light.. later this evening(the lens cap also doubles as dew prevention to stop the baffles getting sogy in any over night dew)

Archived