Residential amateur observatory needed for short film!

Star Bar

Hi there,

I am from a film locations agency and we have had an enquiry for a short film, they are looking for a residential dome shaped observatory, if anybody knows of anyone that would be interested in some filming work coming their way please let me know, location would preferably in London/Homecounties.

Thanks

Hi and welcome to the forum. I don't have an observatory but if you're after a stunt man who can bump his head on his scope in the dark or trip over half a dozen cables whilst pulling the tripod over then I might be your man! I usually practice my acrobatics on any clear night and will happily audition for you! :rolleyes::D:D

Clear skies

James (rubberbond):)

Hi if you look under the DIY section of this site there is a sub section for Observatory builds where people share how they built there obsy's bascially, it might be worth checking out although as pointed out previously the vast majority of amateur garden observatories are converted sheds with role off roofs, or built from scratch again with a role off roof.

hope this helps

Chris

Hi there,

I am from a film locations agency and we have had an enquiry for a short film, they are looking for a residential dome shaped observatory, if anybody knows of anyone that would be interested in some filming work coming their way please let me know, location would preferably in London/Homecounties.

Thanks

My observatory is dome like in that the roof spins but its an octagon shape - if you want something a bit different :)
It's also set in 300sq meters of beautiful parkland in rural Oxfordshire :D

However a serious contender has to be Gordon Rogers observatory here: www.gordonrogers.co.uk

Hi and welcome to the forum. I don't have an observatory but if you're after a stunt man who can bump his head on his scope in the dark or trip over half a dozen cables whilst pulling the tripod over then I might be your man! I usually practice my acrobatics on any clear night and will happily audition for you! :):D:D

Clear skies

James (rubberbond):D

:):D:D

Archived