NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Last Chance Saloon For UK Saturn.

Space Cowboy

If you want to capture a decent Saturn image in the UK then this year is your last chance. Just been looking at Stellarium and over the next 10 years Saturn will be mostly under 20 degrees alt!

Next year it will only reach 25 , 2014 will be 21 and only 18 degrees by 2015!

If you want to capture a decent Saturn image in the UK then this year is your last chance. Just been looking at Stellarium and over the next 10 years Saturn will be mostly under 20 degrees alt!

Next year it will only reach 25 and 2014 will be only 18 degrees!

That is not the kind of news I wanted to hear!

Yep, nows the time to hope for a few mins of calm air, approacing opposition. A lovely whopper of a storm around as well as shown by Darryl. This last chance likely isnt going to set the uk alight.But i for one will continue for at least another 3 or 4 weeks. Just chuffed i got two reasonable captures when i did, it might be the only two i get.

But am hoping for more like that, weather looks naff at the mo. At least we have the best jupiter opposition to come for many years, its going to be even better than 2011, so theres something to look foward too. Its a shame as saturn is very interesting when storms are around. look for the calm weather and get your chances in.

LOL try asking for a Ruddles out there, youll likely get attacked :D

No worries Alan - you can allways bring some of that "stuff" you call "beer" and pour it into a saucepan to heat up: make you feel like you're at home.....or even some of the Victorian or New South Wales brews that have a different but still disgusting taste that'll remind you of home....!:eek::rolleyes::D;)

'Course whilst you're in South Oz some of the lingering old German traditions of "real" beer might tempt your tastebuds.....

And Neil, if you asked for a "Ruddles" down here you could be up on some sort of indecency charge.....we're a bit touchy about improper suggestions, especially from strangers....!:)

Sounds like a good excuse to head south of the equator then Stuart and join our friends in OZ ... pity about the beer :):rolleyes:

Alan

Talking of beer i believe being horizontal is the best position to view Saturn from down under being that its something like 80 odd degrees?

Yep, nows the time to hope for a few mins of calm air, approacing opposition. A lovely whopper of a storm around as well as shown by Darryl. This last chance likely isnt going to set the uk alight.But i for one will continue for at least another 3 or 4 weeks. Just chuffed i got two reasonable captures when i did, it might be the only two i get.

But am hoping for more like that, weather looks naff at the mo. At least we have the best jupiter opposition to come for many years, its going to be even better than 2011, so theres something to look foward too. Its a shame as saturn is very interesting when storms are around. look for the calm weather and get your chances in.

Wish I'd checked Stellarium sooner else I'd have spent less time on Mars in March!

Archived