Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Leo Triplet.

stan26

Only 35min of data with my un-modded DSLR, Hardly worth posting it up, but its been so long since I have had the chance to image anything lately that this is all I have to show from the last month or so :confused:

Usual stuff, Guided EQ3-2, 500D, LP filter, PHD. This was taken last night, I would have loved to have kept the rig going all night, the guiding graph was incredibly flat, but with work in the morning I just couldn't do it to myself so I called it a night quite early. Boy do I notice the drop in image quality going back to the old achro from using the Canon 200 L lens...but unfortunately the lens just doesn't have the legs for these sort of targets.

Stan :)

7085175307_680916131a_b.jpg

Leo Triplet. by James stannard, on Flickr

Thanks guys, It was really only an opportunist snap shot after a quick polar alignment check session, It just wouldn't have felt right packing up without taking a picture of something. Now I have made a few adjustments to the EQ3-2 imaging rig I'm all ready for galaxy hunting over the next few weeks.....if the weather clears :)

Stan :confused:

• 1 month later...

Great image! Please excuse my ignorance - I'm still learning.... what was the exact setup you used for that? Was the 500D mounted to the Startravel 102, or the Evostar 90, or did you use the Canon 200L lens with the camera mounted directly on the EQ3-2 mount?

Thanks,,

Mike

Great image! Please excuse my ignorance - I'm still learning.... what was the exact setup you used for that? Was the 500D mounted to the Startravel 102, or the Evostar 90, or did you use the Canon 200L lens with the camera mounted directly on the EQ3-2 mount?

Thanks,,

Mike

Hello Mike, the ST102 was used for this shot.

I think you have done a fantastic job of the triplet..

BTW that 200L will make a fantastic wide field lens especially around the summer triangle area, ive seen some outstanding images from this lens. Olly Penrice has a fabulous range of images with it and an ATIK 4000.

Archived