NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Team images - Jellyfish, Rosette, Flux

psemil

These pictures are made ​​in collaboration with a friend - Emil Kolbert. As a song saying "where are two power increases." We did together and other photos but here we tried to gather a little more signal than usual ...

Jellyfish made ​​in january has 16.3 hours of exposure: RGB and Ha exposure

Rosette made between December and February has 28 hours of exposure: RGB, Ha, S2, O3 -our first 6 channel image

M81 Group - made between january and march has 47,5 hours of exposure - a very hard target from our sites (700 km strait line distance): LRGB and Ha exposures

Our setups:

Emil Kolbert: EQ-6, TS ED-APO, corector TS 2", Qhy9 mono CCD la -30°C, guiding.

Emil Pera : Newton 8'', ASA Keller corrector/reducer, Eq6, Canon 1000Da, iso 800,TS OAG.

Comments a very welcome.

Full frame resolutions here (click on names):

Jellyfish Rosette Flux

post-24721-133877762048_thumb.jpg

post-24721-133877762057_thumb.jpg

post-24721-133877762065_thumb.jpg

So, my very first posting here, thanks for your comments.

I have to admit the M81 M82 "stuff" was the hardest project done till now, we lost some night because I have managed to frame totally wrong the "subjects" and at the end I found that the GSC 4383 star is the suitable one to use.

And also Lady Moon had covered the IFN in the last nights so again about 2 nights I exposed with no results but it was still good as framing training.

From my side I had the luck to have some good nights so I did the acquisition using CCD Autopilot 4 Pro.

Clear skies to everyone

Emil K

Thanks Kevin, Gina, Mike, Badgers, Rik. Thanks for your comments.

About this pictures... unfortunately for us we don't live in areas free of light pollution. But together we managed to reach magnitude 23 in M81 image, and we showed there 163 galaxy from the "Hyperleda Catalogue"

This was a premiere to us.

Thanks again for your comments.

Great project, great result. Collaboration is a wonderful way to go.

Olly

For us, it proved to be. We learned a lot from each other.

I saw, for example, how big is the difference, between a cooled monochrome astro-camera and DSLR in terms of noise and resolution.

Thanks...

We used in this image RGB and CLS data for luminance totaling 25 hours ... in fact the total time was almost 70 hours but , as Emil K said before, we had to throw many data from various reasons.

Peter I saw your image of M81-M82 with IFN and you managed to have a great result with only 6 hours luminance... all my respect for that

Archived