Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Just wanted to say thanks to all stargazers who have helped me choose a first telescope @ 61 years of age after much advice garnered from these pages I finally settled on the SW explorer 200p on EQ5. Seemed to be the best option for the amount I had to spend. I'm now eagerly awaiting delivery and looking forward to many nights of confusion frustration and a little wonder? Also probably many more questions!

Well done on your purchase,I'm a raw beginner as well and bought the same scope a few weeks ago.It was the great advise I had from this forum that pointed me to the 200p and I'm really chuffed with it.

When you use it for the first time just point straight at the moon and you will be delighted at the detail there.After that it's worth randomly browsing in that area,as there is lots of things to look at in that part of the sky.

Fingers crossed you're first night is nice and clear.

Danny.

When you use it for the first time just point straight at the moon.........

After that it's worth randomly browsing in that area,as there is lots of things to look at in that part of the sky.

Does that not depend on where the moon is when you actually look "in that area"?

Does that not depend on where the moon is when you actually look "in that area"?

Not really, it's all good. i know what you mean though.

try to watch "sky at night" regularly, it lets you know whats currently worth a look.

learn to enjoy the confusion,frustration and the wonders and your scope will serve you well.

• 2 months later...

As a newbie too, I echo your gra[removed word]ude for all the gazers who take the time to answer our mul[removed word]ude of tired questions and give nothing but support and encouragement, I hope you have many fantastic years of enjoyment with your scope.

Nick

Archived