NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

first sketch dont laugh!!!

Daniel-K

You know what, it's great you're pulling out that structure in the eyepiece. You don't have to be an artist to record what you see, and it looks like you've seen those spiral arms real nice. Well done for getting the detail. That's what counts :(

• 4 weeks later...
after finding a lot of galaxy's recently last night i found M99 and i could see something so i decided to put it on paper, it no master piece like all the others on here but it looks kinda similar :)

rotfpmsl !!!, thats classic. :rolleyes:

You don't have to be an artist to record what you see, and it looks like you've seen those spiral arms real nice. Well done for getting the detail. That's what counts

Absolutely correct. It's a darnsight more than I do and I'm supposed to be an artist!

Just goes to show what you can see with a 16" dob. *sigh*

• 2 weeks later...
:(

I think some people are misunderstanding and thinking you're trying to play the image in the top left as your sketch as a joke.

It's a basic sketch, but clearly shows you saw definite and clear structure in the galaxy. It must've taken a decent length of time at the eyepiece. I just know that whenever you see that sketch, you'l remember vividly the view you saw that night. To me, thats what sketching is all about, not impressing others (though that'd be a nice bonus... :D)

sorry , i dont wish to offend you daniel, i only wish i could get structure like that in my diddy scope.

i thought the image was your sketch ,done from your rough copy . my appologies .

sorry , i dont wish to offend you daniel, i only wish i could get structure like that in my diddy scope.

i thought the image was your sketch ,done from your rough copy . my appologies .

lol its ok i didn't know how to put and image in a image so that was the best i could do :D i wish i could draw like that but im going to have a go sometime soon at some sketch's when its clear when im not on nights :( (wishfull thinking)

id also like to try my hand at sketching eventually. as ive no clue with even a polaroid never mind astrophotography,i thought sketching would be a good substitute for pictures. only problem is i struggle to draw a match stick man !, so galactic wonders sketching will bring some lets say unusual results !

You don't need to be an artist to put dots in a circle. Imagine the eyepiece view as a clock face and then look at the 'hours' nearest where 4 or 5 brighter stars are, estimate how far out from the centre they are and dot them in to your sketch. Think of these stars as the framework to fill in the rest of the sketch. Globular clusters can be put in using stippling, galaxies and nebulae need a soft touch with either a blending stump or a smudging with your finger.

Archived