Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Welcome to Stargazers Lounge

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customise your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_jupiter.jpg

SteveL

Photos thread...

116 posts in this topic

You're welcome Tich. Pleased it all worked for you mate.

How many messiers did you get to in the end?

Your image of M51 is excellent spikey

You're welcome Tich. Pleased it all worked for you mate.

How many messiers did you get to in the end?

I saw loads....

I did make up a list of what I did see but I can't find it at the minute. I'm thinking its left inside my fold up flat pack caravan oops!!! ;)

This is what ICE came up with.....

post-22848-133877756925_thumb.jpg

I've just started trying to get a Moon composite and my first two attempts both have pieces missing. Your pic is exactly what I'm after so you don't mind if I nick it and flaunt it as my own do you........;);)

It's taken ages to find the time to look at my data from SGL7 even though I only took two sets of images, one deep sky, the other a little closer!

M45 was taken with an SXVF-M25C and Canon 200L telephoto lens mounted on a motorised EQ3-2 and the Moon, Jupiter and Venus shot was taken with a Canon 450D with 26-135mm Zoom lens mounted on a Manfrotto 132 tripod and 410 geared head.

post-13675-133877756959_thumb.jpg

post-13675-133877756965_thumb.jpg

Some great pictures guys and gals, so jealous I hope that I can make the SGL8 event. Hope everyone enjoyed themselves, it certainly looks as though they did!

For those that don't frequent the Imaging sub section heres an M101 I did over the course of Friday & Saturday night.

spikey-albums-dso-s-picture16688-m101-5.jpg

How much is that doggy in the window...?

post-15346-133877762944_thumb.jpg

Some hopefuls pose for a photo, hoping to be featured in S@N...

post-15346-133877762948_thumb.jpg

For those that don't frequent the Imaging sub section heres an M101 I did over the course of Friday & Saturday night.

spikey-albums-dso-s-picture16688-m101-5.jpg

I told you it would turn out ok, well done great image

I'm jealous! I wish I'd got my autoguiding sorted out. Even with two and more wonderful helpers, it seems a tricky art at best!

Well, done. That image is stonking.

Alexxx

Here's a couple of "rushes"...

Milkyway through Cassiopea - Portrait

MW%20Through%20Cassiopea%20SGL7%204612.jpg

Milkyway through Cassiopea - Landscape

MW%20Through%20Cassiopea%20SGL7%204614.jpg

Orion in Wye....

Reflective%20%20Orion%20SGL7%204606.jpg

I haven't even thought about looking at the data that needs stacking yet.. Way to tired...

Thanks Everyone not only Those involved inthe running of the event but everyone who attneded and made it such a great First Starparty to attend and stay at.. :rolleyes:

Now then about SGL8...

Peter

I can only say these are amazing pics and tbh, i have never seen that many stars in our sky. The last pic in particular gobsmacks me, Orion-how mant stars in there ? And not forgetting how many in the whole pic lol

There is even more stars in the reflection on the river than what i can see here lol. The most i have ever counted in Orion at home was 15 and that was very good for here. Looks like everybody had a great time and viewing, i must do this one day me thinks :)

That's a lovely pic. What on Earth have you got connected to that scope?! I have a good few wires but that's a lot!