hello universe

muscipula

I would like to briefly introduce myself. I have always had an interest in astronomy, I remember as a kid when the Apollo missions took place. My step-father woke my brother and I in the middle of the night when the Moon landings happened.

However, it wasn't untill 1994 when the genuine interest took hold, as you all know that was when several huge chunks - some the size of Everest - slammed into Jupiter leaving impact scars hat were visible for months after.

In 2001 I joined the Swansea Astronomical Society and bought my first scope - a Meade ETX90 - starting in 2003 I started writing astronomical software with Steve Wainwright who helped troubleshoot some problems.

Between Steve and Fred Whittle we formed the Trefach astronomy centre where we have a F4 12" Newtonian - which to be honest has been neglected lately. We founded the West Wales Astronomy Group which became very sucessfull but a certain dishonest member who in his stupity deemed it necessary to inform the group behind our backs it had broken up.

Anycase attached are two images that were captured by me and a guy called Don Ainsworth who was the only Astro holiday maker we had.

Andrew

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

post-34621-133877752796_thumb.jpg

post-34621-1338777528_thumb.jpg

Hi Andrew and welcome to the forum. Clearly imaging is an interest that you going to want to develop (...excuse the pun!:blob10:) and so you have certainly come to the right place. Lets hope your experience well be a happier one here!

Clear skies

James

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. From 2001 until now against all odds most of the time battling the gross lethargy brought on by the side effects of my mental health medication I managed to do so much work.

If you visit

http://www.westwalesastronomy.co.uk

which I developed, you will find a lot of stuff including many A4 posters that you are welcome to use.

Andew

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

Archived