NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Short introduction

Brandandon

Hello All,

I have been interested in Astronomy for years when I was in my teens I spent hours outside at night with a cheap pair of Binoculars and look the sky. I slowly drifted away for spending time looking at the stars but I recenty was given a cheap 50mm telescope and was instantly reminded of how much I have missed it. So here i am saving up for a real telescope refreshing my old knowledge and to gain new

Brandandon, From the St. Louis Area

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome aboard, Brandandon.

Hopefully you find a whole load of informative threads and posters here to further your knowledge.

Good luck with the savings and I look forward to reading your own posts, concerns and insights.

Qualia

Welcome aboard! Always make sure to research and ask questions before you buy any expensive equipment. There are lots of tasty goodies to buy in astronomy, goodies that won't really help you with what you want to do.

hi and welcome.my story is almost the same as yours,,i'm having to much fun shopping around(for what,i don't know),but it is fun! meanwhile,i still get great looks with my 40 year old scope,just last night it was out again looking around!!I do see the importance of just being able to pick my scope up out of the screen room ,bring it out and in 1 minute be "looking up".there is a lot to choose from out there!!

Archived