Hello!

Damian1985

Hi, my name is Damian(as you might guess from my username!!) I live about 10 miles from Lincoln (England) I have recently bought a skywatcher 200P on an EQ5 mount as my 1st scope. Only had it a few weeks and not had many nights when I can use it. Although tonight is looking promising!!;) Just wanted to introduce myself am looking forward to looking through what others are using and some images on here!

Cheers

Damian

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Damian1985,

Welcome to the Lounge, check out east midlands stargazers at : -http://www.eastmidlandsstargazers.co.uk/

We are a friendly bunch and have a link to a new group in the lincs area.

Cheers

Damian

(1961)

Hi Damian and welcome to the forum. Would certainly recommend getting Steve Richards' "Making Every Photon Count" (FLO £19.99) to compliment that great setup that you now have. It's a very comprehensive guide on how to get consistent results and how to get the most out of your setup. There is a review on this book in the Equipment Review Section of the forum which further advances the need to get this book. I hope you don't mind my suggestion and will certainly be looking out for your images - if the weather can work in your favour.

Clear skies

James

Hello

I have just got the same set up as yourself. And like you have been waiting for the dam clouds to go away. Got out tonight I love it saw saturn great views.

Can't wait for the moon to start popping up a bit earlier.

Hi Damian and welcome to sgl. i live about 10miles south of lincoln, down in waddington. clear skies here tonight so my fingers are crossed you get some good clear skies where ever you are tonight. if you are ever out down this way then please pm.

clear skies, steve

Thanks for all the welcome messages. I will certainly be having a look at some books, so the one James recommended will definitely be on the list. I think I will be having a look at better lenses as the ones that come with the scope are probably not the best. I don't seem to be able to get the 10 mm to give a really crisp focus. Also need to get the mount set up properly!

Archived