NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

a good eyepiece would be £30 - £50 each....

Now a zoom EP, will let me believe you got a few EP's in 1.

Sounds awesome but there got to be a flaw....

Is there? Cause if not then I would definitely think of getting one of those

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Baader Hyperion zoom is a good zoom and very nearly matches the performance of the fixed focal length Hyperions.

Low cost zooms will have more compromises - you get what you pay for with optical products.

It's five in one superior quality eyepieces - it will surprise you how good your scope will suddenly become. It's very flexible with lots of different uses and you'll get crystal clear and contrasty views that are several steps up in quality over supplied eyepieces. Much better than any standard entry level eyepiece kit imho.

Not one person I recommended this to has come back to me with even a vaguely negative comment - they've all been delighted - well worth every penny :)

I've read a few recent comments about sticky zoom actions on the very popular Hyperion Mk3 :)

In my EP case I do have a cheaper zoom EP, which is handy for the occasional quick 15 minute observing session. But it hasn't made me want to upgrade to a better quality zoom, like the Hyperion Mk3. Maybe it's the thought of a lonely zoom in my EP case but I do prefer my collection of fixed focal length EPs :)

I must admit I am in something of a quandry. I recently bought a fixed focal length Hyperion 24mm and love it's wide 68 degrees fov. I am now in the market for a more high powered ep and have been considering either the 8 or 10 mm Hyperion again, but there is also the zoom Hyperions. that is the problem. Too much choice and such a varied opinion. It can be difficult to decide. If it was cut and dried with just one or two different ones then ot would be easier to decide. I do like the idea of the flexibility of the zoom Hyperion, but they don't quite have the fov of the fixed focal length ones. Also having just shelled out the best part of £100 on one ep maybe I should just get an 8 or 10 fixed and combine my 24mm Hyperion with my Ultima 2x barlow????

I'd LOVE to try a zoom EP (say 8-24mm) but seen as it is only out of curiousity, i dont want to spend much on it. I must start looking out for a 2nd hand one for about £40-50. Sterling to Euro conversion will come into play so that's why i say £40-50.

Unless FLO are having an amazing sale on the zoom lens I think £82 buys the barlow alone. That seems to tally with other dealers prices.

£169=200 euro (give or take).

I'm happy with that.

Is this zoom EP about top notch and will it work with my Celestron 8SE?

Half the price is a birthday gift to me.

I'm ready to buy tonight.

68 degree FOV @ 8mm?

Would i get that with my 8SE?

Just go through sage pay and there's a PayPal button when you get to payment options.

Cheers. You are right. I forgot that.

Yay me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am now the soon to be owner of a Baaader Hyperion zoom EP.

If i hate it......................i swear one of you people is gonna buy it second hand from me for the full Price.

LOL.

Nah................its something i have wanted to try for a long time.

"Smooth zoom action with click-stops at 8, 12, 16, 20 and 24mm".

Seems like a nice range to have.

"Carpe Diem, grab the bull by the horns" etc.

Money well spent Paul - I love my Hyperion zoom, and hardly use anything else now!

I ordered the barlow at the same time, but FLO have them on backorder...can't wait to try the two together!

Archived