NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from Oxfordshire

Ainsley

Hi, I stumbled across this forum while looking for information on which Telescope to buy.

Its been a great source of inspiration and advice, thanks. Ive still not bought one, but Ive now narrowed it down to a Dobsonian.

However, I then spotted an advert for an observatory, so now Ive even more to look at on the internet instead of getting on with work. Perhaps choice is the mother of all indecision.

Anyway, I better get on with the job of buying one as its supposed to be a present for my wife and her birthday is soon.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I reckon the biggest I can get.

Ive got a large garden, large garage and easy access in / out of the house. Plenty of space to keep it indoors and even have a van which I can use to transport it. So the normal reasons of sticking to a smallish size dont count for me.

I cant think of a reason not to go big.

A reminder of what's on tonight in Oxford: Stargazing in South Park

Stargazing - Science Oxford Live

I shall see you there Themos, I'm one of the Science Oxford STEM ambassadors volunteering tonight.

Hopefully no one will ask me tricky questions though, because I know nowt!

I really look forward to meeting you, hope you will be there?

And welcome to Ainsley!

Welcome to Ainsley from another Oxfordshire bod.

Good luck to sanmatt for the Oxford Stargazing tonight. Looks like it might be cloudy. Might - hahaha! I was hoping to look at Mars tonight as it's really close to several galaxies in Leo. Why does it always cloud over when there's something to see???

Archived