Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Starwave 80mm Ed refractor

g0ibi

Just received my new Starwave 80mm ED refractor from Altair Astro, very very impressed! Bigger than I thought with a great hard case. First light already on Jupiter, M42 and M45, all were crisp and with the 10-1 focuser, really easy to focus. I will give an in-depth report after a few outings.

Ron

post-26870-133877732758_thumb.jpg

post-26870-133877732768_thumb.jpg

post-26870-133877732775_thumb.jpg

I've been toying with the idea of getting one of these with the 0.8 reducer and using it for both imaging and a bit of visual, still trying to decide if I could stretch to the 102?? looks great for the money, and I'm glad the first signs look good, I look forward to more on this:)

• 3 weeks later...
Just ordered one of these myself, some nice reports coming through from people who.have already purchased it, look a great buy for the money

Ditto :D

Might be worth also mentioning I have been told (could be a means of driving sales but ...) the 80ED is priced at an introductory rate. They may well be going up in price in a week or so.

Just what I hear.

Where did you here that. It's been that price for a while now. It may increase due to inflation but pretty sure it's not an intro offer. If it is, it's a very long extended one.

As for a catch not really one there tbh. It's the same scope as the Ikharus 80ED but with, I believe a 3" focuser not 2" and I suppose there's the only catch, but only if you are going to use it fo AP I believe

Where did you here that. It's been that price for a while now. It may increase due to inflation but pretty sure it's not an intro offer. If it is, it's a very long extended one.

As for a catch not really one there tbh. It's the same scope as the Ikharus 80ED but with, I believe a 3" focuser not 2" and I suppose there's the only catch, but only if you are going to use it fo AP I believe

Directly from Nick @ Altair on another forum.

If our website says "out of stock", then just fill in the web-form to pre-order. When the scopes arrive, we'll alert you so you can order online. These scopes are selling like hotcakes, and the introductory price on the 80mm will still apply for a week or so after the stock lands, so order soon

As I say, this "could" just be a means of driving sales of a new scope, but I am passing along what I have been told :D The 80ED has only been available for what, a month or two at most with one delivery so far?

Archived