Old,new member from levittown,ny,usa

saberonyx

well i dusted off my 40 year old telescope (selsi=D=60mm.F=800mm)and im in my third lifetime event of "looking up"..yes .im 54 years old,got my selsi when my family chipped in to buy it for me when i was 14.. well i took over the streets by storm,bringing out my scope at night and showing the whole town the heavens. My second coming was when my children were were about 7 years old and i dusted it off again and showed them all i knew...... Now,here i am in the computer age...no more trips to the local library,i have the world at my fingertips thanks to google,got my ancient tool out,pointed it up to jupiter last night,ran in and got my daughter(getting married,just bought a h:headbang:ouse...30 years old now) and we ran into the back yard and saw the 4 moons....wow,just like i never left...........i'll be around..let me catch up a little...lol...lol

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A SGL welcome to you... this hobby never really leaves... & our sky will always WOW us... a great scopeing of Jupiter & it's moon after so long great work... many wonderful things to learn & see via google & our wonderful night sky..... :icon_scratch:

.im an old man now,(54),every thing is looked at in a different light.Every day is more beautiful than the day before.This is a great hobby that I feel it is sucking me in harder then before.I am blessed and primed to get back into this and take it on....thanks,i have been catching up fast.I wont be left behind ......

i have the itch to really catch up with all this new stuff and thats the fun part...shopping around and gaining all this knowledge is fun.. my son had his super -bowl party this past sunday and he had about 10 friends over and guess what i did... yep ,i had the old scope out at halftime and took them on the deck and showed them jupiter... well ,i know i planted some seeds in thier heads because they really loved it.. now thats what its all about.. and i don;t want to be left behind with tech=stuff..i got the big screen... the smart phone....the laptops..... you know whats coming next(yep, a new scope) and this site is great to get all the info,,,thanks to all of you guys_and girls:icon_salut:

Archived