Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same here, bit of a garden session with Jupiter. Although I am hoping we get a break in the cloud this afternoon or tomorrow at lunch, as I fancy having a look at the super thin crescent moon with Venus just under it.

Just in from a very frustrating night.

Set up scope in clear skies then when I was ready to align clouds came over. Waited 20 mins for a clear spell then got scope aligned successful but it was miles out! Lined up Jupiter but wasn't in scope so had to manually align it. Looked amazing when I got it. Then attached both guide camera and Titan. Focused them on Jupiter then swung round to try to get M82, try as I might just couldn't get it. Took another 20 mins. Finally got it and started guiding calibration, just as clouds rolled over it. Took another 15 mins for these to go so I could calibrate it when I did finally do it, they rolled over again, but M45 looked clear so I slew scope around there, only to be met with some high clouds again. They were coming and going I finally gave up and took everything down. Guess what skies cleared again!

Just not my night!

Hi lads......Been looking forward to attending this stargazing live event for over a week now and meeting everyone..But at the last minute the gaffer needed me to work....wasnt very impressed to say the least.Sounds like you all had a great night wish i could have been there.... maybe next time.Will be trying to get to the next meeting work permitting and meet you all there if its ok

Cheers andy

Archived