Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just had a great few hours up Winscarr with Kieran. Mangaed to get a few images of Orion neb with Titan before computer battery died. Also managed Comet Lovejoy in the bins... Here is a link to a trail I did with it with Olympus DSLR. It is the green trail going form centre up to the right past the top of the tree :-)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/horburyastro/11059929343/in/photostream/

was looking at the clear sky last night at about 10pm after finishing writing up all the WADAS stuff and updating membership forms - but realised it was too late to get my scope out and drive down to Winscarr....things you do for the society eh?

looked hopefully at this mornings weather forcast - but it looks rubbish for tonight. :huh:

Really nice impromptu session in the back garden for a couple of hours, ending in my first view of Jupiter through the 12"!!!

Managed to get the tracking working too and I managed 10 minutes with only one slight tweak to keep it centered at x200. I then went silly and bar lowed my 9mm to get x330, but after a couple of minures the dew won when everything became foggy. Just like that everything seemed to be dripping wet through!

But I'm mightily impressed at how far I could push the magnification with acceptable seeing and how well the tracking worked! Webcam will be coming out next time.

Seen a pic of the blank it it huge Damian...

Now a 22"binos cope sounds amazing, put my 6" one to shame :-)

I don't think huge does it justice and at 22kg its proper heavy.

Bevelled both sides this aft 3-4mm which took 2hours documenting my progress with a diary and also pic's so I can put it all together later and bore the hell outta you guys at one of the meetings.

Had 3 hours Monday evening chatting with Gain on his scope build and collating ideas and strategies.Think I'm going to be garage bound for quite some time

Way too windy for anything useful tonight.do e a bit more bevelling but mine is proving to be slow progress.done some measuring and one side is nicely concave which will be the coated side and the back is similarly concave but not uniformly so that will prove a tricky grind :(

Was out for an hour at the in-laws around 7ish, and to say the horizon is blocked in all durections managed to tick off M101, M110, M32, M31, M13, M45 with my binos. Think I'll be bringing them more often here, the Milky Way is faintly visible tonight. Well chuffed.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Archived