Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

Not posted for a while,  Really busy at work, and also moving house in next few weeks, (way its going am moving over Christmas)

Have managed to sort to the screw on the secondary mirror I mentioned a few weeks ago, also removed the primary mirror cell and centre dotted it, 

I will be shouting for  some help setting it all back up I think, but it can wait until the new year.

Just in case I don't manage to get back online, wishing you all a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Leigh

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no I cant really risk driving anywhere that's non urgent(work) at the moment.im taking the car back in Thursday after work but I may not get it back this side of Christmas which will properly screw up my holidays.if you see something bright in the night sky it may be a burning Peugeot 307 estate!!!!

Thanks Nick & Paul,

I seriously doubt I can make the Wednesday meeting, this is the busiest week of the year fro us at work, and moving house at the moment does not help either,  only just got in a few minutes ago, and that's from leaving home at 4.30am this morning,

Probably going to have to wait and sort it out after Christmas and new year.

Leigh

Typical clear skies last night, but had to retire early, couldn't keep eyes open.

Did get to see Jupiter close up after 12 on Wednesday night as skies did clear, shame it didn't happen a few hours earlier. My dad was impressed first time he has seen it. Thanks for making him welcome at the meeting guys, he really enjoyed it. He didn't realise we were such clever blokes :-)

However Damian, I will need some assistance with the Terrascans again if you don't mind as the collimination was out again so only had to view with one eye :-( you'll have to show me what you did to sort them out.

I would have joined you if I hadn't had an afternoon drink.

I was out until about 2:00 observing also gave the little ST102 a try out. It took me longer to sort out some warm clothes than it did to set it up. Had a look round at a few objects but I remembered how difficult it is to star hop in light polluted skies, also out of practice with over-reliance on GOTO these days. On Jupiter there was a level of chromatic aberration which I expected but on dimmer, widefield views like the Plaedes it gave some nice results. I'm looking forward to taking it out to some dark skies.

Archived