NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Pray for a clear sky

Thirdway

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Being an atheist I tend not to pray. But after the last weeks I think I might join you! It's just getting silly now..

Me exactly!

edit - although I was in hospital over the weekend and very much praying for death. flip me did I feel rough! (couldnt help looking out of the window though, dunno why, I was hooked up to drips n things couldnt go anywhere anyway)

Sorry its the dam smoke from my bonfire, I'm a pagan, gotto have something warm to dance round naked too.

Even with a roaring fire to dance around, doing it naked is highly over-rated. you'll still feel a chill, not to mention the risk of singe-ing something senseitive

It's all my fault. Don't think I've seen a clear night since I got my telescope set up properly. Must have jinxed it.

Phew, I thought it was me, set up last Thursday, and hey presto, wall to wall clouds. So now I have a brand new Dob sitting in the shed unused, and the near future looks pretty bleak too!

Me exactly!

edit - although I was in hospital over the weekend and very much praying for death. flip me did I feel rough! (couldnt help looking out of the window though, dunno why, I was hooked up to drips n things couldnt go anywhere anyway)

I thought it was only me!! I was also in hospital recently and like you, hooked up to all sorts of stuff. I had a bed near the window and as I had to be checked every 15 mins I was not going to get any sleep. I asked if the bed could be moved right up to the window so I could see the night sky and two burly porters were called. It would have been great but the light pollution around Swindon hospital is really bad! But at least they indulged me and I might even have introduced some nurses to astronomy...

aww how sweet of them!

I was too busy making sure my nurses knew I was lab staff and knew damn well how long those sodding blood tests should take and not to be fobbed off with a 'yeah few days luv'...

If you saw them you would not have used the word sweet!! More like a couple of lost Hells Angels!! But they were gentle giants as well as a comedy double act.

In your case I hope telling them that you were 'staff' worked, and that you are OK now.

I however, am not staff, and still have no idea what was going on! Oh well, I feel OK so it can't be that bad can it?

On the whole though, the staff were brilliant and really looked after me well.

Here's to clear skies and many of them...

At a dark sky site in Devon, managed an hour on Sat just after our arrival- lovely using our hosts 50cm Dob.

BUT cloud ever since :icon_scratch:

Still, been looking at tuts for using my newly acquired NEQ6 Pro, lots to learn while the clouds frustrate us!

If you saw them you would not have used the word sweet!! More like a couple of lost Hells Angels!! But they were gentle giants as well as a comedy double act.

In your case I hope telling them that you were 'staff' worked, and that you are OK now.

I however, am not staff, and still have no idea what was going on! Oh well, I feel OK so it can't be that bad can it?

On the whole though, the staff were brilliant and really looked after me well.

Here's to clear skies and many of them...

haha I can well imagine what they look like!

I must say I was very well looked after too and not judged (for once). Basically I was a private overseas patient 2 yrs ago who ran into complications this weekend and the NHS treated me, when usually, if I have complications of my overseas surgery I get ferked off out the door and told to go abroad and repay!! But this time I was a clinical emergency and got some excellent treatment.

I am much better thank you but still in some pain but starting to eat and drink ok again. Lost 8lbs which is a bonus :) Makes me 57lbs down in total :icon_scratch:

Hope youre doing well too.

Hoping for clear skies!

Sorry guys, new scope coming in at the end of the week.

Actually the good old BBC is saying clear skies up north (Durham) tomorrow night (and quite mild). Also clear, if rather chilly (and windy) on Saturday. That would be too good to be true, so therefore won't be, for my new scope.

Archived