Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Log Me In

Astro Fan

Hello from cloudy Lincolnshire - so for something to do I have installed LogMeIn onto my astro laptop, now I can run all my goto's & cameras etc from inside the house, works a treat. Its a real easy piece of software to run involves no extra wireing and is free.

Guy

I use Win7/XP remote desktop connections to control the astro laptop from the warm indoors. More recently, I set up an incoming vpn connection on my Win7 pc indoors and now I can connect to it with my iphone and check up on, and control the astro laptop........ from my local pub :-) Happy days!

I use Win7/XP remote desktop connections to control the astro laptop from the warm indoors. More recently, I set up an incoming vpn connection on my Win7 pc indoors and now I can connect to it with my iphone and check up on, and control the astro laptop........ from my local pub :-) Happy days!

I wish I had the skills to do this......:icon_scratch:

Ive used logmein for quite some time now for work and own use.

it just does what it says on the package.

I can support freinds, family and workmates whereever they are in whatever country they are in.

I wish I knew how to do that.....lol :icon_scratch:

In Teamviewer 7, along the top of the log on screen, go to "Extras" - "Options" - "General" - Connection in Local Network.....

Click the drop down box and tick "Accept Exclusively".

Now your ID becomes your IP address....to log on to your Remote computer use its IP adress and supplied password as usual...

In Teamviewer 7, along the top of the log on screen, go to "Extras" - "Options" - "General" - Connection in Local Network.....

Now your ID becomes your IP address....to log on to your Remote computer use its IP adress and supplied password as usual...

Works a treat. Also figured out how to set my netbook to keep running when the lid is shut, which means I can keep the netbook outside with the lid shut and stay inside in the warm monitoring whats going on....happy days!

• 1 year later...

I've only now discovered logmein - am at work and my astro stuff is working away at M74 in my backgarden at home. Was wishing I could check on pic progress etc or change the target etc and came across logmein.com - it works a treat!! Is for free!! I love this!!

Loved it!! When M74 went too low, I switched over to M81&82 - recalibrated PHD and off we went again! This was interrupted by clouds - short break until 4:30 and then once more until the sun came up. Yay. Loving this!!

I use real VNC.  It is free (for home, none commercial use), stays on your home network, very fast, installs no crapware and is superbly brilliant!  If I am not in the mood for visual I can keep an eye on the imaging laptop from my inside laptop whilst watching TV in the lounge!  Both laptops are connected to wifi and it works brilliantly.  Its a must have solution in my opinion, anyone not doing this is missing out big time.  I would not know what to do without it.

thats just the info I wanted

cheers muchly :icon_salut::hello2:

Steve

I use real VNC. It is free (for home, none commercial use), stays on your home network, very fast, installs no crapware and is superbly brilliant! If I am not in the mood for visual I can keep an eye on the imaging laptop from my inside laptop whilst watching TV in the lounge! Both laptops are connected to wifi and it works brilliantly. Its a must have solution in my opinion, anyone not doing this is missing out big time. I would not know what to do without it.

Is it www.realvnc.com?

Can you transfer files too?

Logmein only allow that in the paid version...

Archived