Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Internet connection

FLO

We have lost Internet connection from our unit here at the Basepoint Business Centre.

Our website and helpdesk are unaffected, it is only that we cannot access them to respond to emails or update orders.

We should be back online later this afternoon.

Apologies for the delays.

Steve

(posted using my phone!)

I take it that this is a great excuse for a cuppa and some jaffa cakes?

;)

We are back online :icon_salut:

We are moving 1st March (same Business Centre but larger unit) so spent the time measuring the new unit for shelves and racking but the coffee van parks outside every morning so you weren't far wrong :)

Steve

Ah I'm relieved at this news. I called today and a recorded message pointed me to an email address which I duly used. But 4 hours later with no reply to a purchasing enquiry I was beginning to wonder if I was doing the right thing. The help ticket was not replied to and a subsequent call and message left did not get a reply either. Hope full service is restored soon. It's a pain when technology failure impacts on business ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have had a triple Bonded Connection in our warehouse and have two further redundant connections.

We have lost 3 lines at once in the past, and thats not helpfull with 4000 parcels leaving the building a day !

We are the same, a 100Mbit leased line and 4 standard 8Mbit Broadband lines - just in case...

We lost all of them the other day and our phones - very annoying!

Great news on the bigger unit! Congratulations and good luck with the move!

Ant

It wasn't only our unit that was affected, all the units at Basepoint were. It was funny the way we automatically assumed we had broken something. James checked all the cables plugs and sockets and concluded we had broken a cable by pushing a box against it. He visited the Basepoint tech-whizz people feeling a bit sheepish. He must have looked pleased when they told him it wasn't us because they commented how unusual it was that he wasn't shouting at them. Apparantly they had been under fire from the other affected businesses for over an hour!

Martin and I are both on the helpdesk today, though we are both working from home with a lurgi! Everyone in this thread has recieved a response.

I don't want to be dramatic but this has become our most challenging week 'ever'! The Brian Cox affect is still in full swing, enquiries are running at triple our usual for the time of year and stcock at the importers is starting to run out. Not a good time for Martin and I to catch the lurgi. But, we are more or less on top of things (except for the phone!).

HTH :icon_salut:

Steve

Brian Cox affect 2012.

The BBC must be feeling pleased with themselves. The programs are clearly very popular.

That's interesting. I just wondered if the BBC have any idea of the knock-on effect that shows like Stargazing Live have on the stargazing community and ecosystem as a whole, or if their feedback is limited to audience numbers and satisfaction only?

As someone has said elsewhere on the forum - wait a few months and then watch out for the glut of used scopes on ebay!

I must confess to being part of the effect - I've been using bins for a few years but Star Gazing Live pushed my son into being interested (and exacerbated my need to 'see') and so I thought it was scope time.

To be honest compared to dealers I've had to deal with in other hobbies FLO is the biz!

I'm not finding this ticket system very customer friendly. I did recieve a response today to which I sent an quick reply but there has been no response again. Surely when a customer is on the point of purchase there is a better way to communicate and speedily respond to the usual questions that precede a major purchase. A human voice would be welcome :icon_salut:

I'm not finding this ticket system very customer friendly. I did recieve a response today to which I sent an quick reply but there has been no response again. Surely when a customer is on the point of purchase there is a better way to communicate and speedily respond to the usual questions that precede a major purchase. A human voice would be welcome :icon_salut:

If you read the thread FLO are encountering massively increased traffic at present - this is a two man operation and both of them are working from home today as they are both sick.

They'll get back to you when they can.

Thank-you Carl. Fortunately there are five of us: James, Lisa, Martin, Annette & myself. We are all full-time except for Annette. James is FLO's manager, Martin takes care of the helpdesk, Lisa is dispatch and I work mostly on FLO's website. Annette takes care of book-keeping and helps out in dispatch during busy periods.

Fortunately our order processing and dispatch is holding up very well, so-long as we can source the stock! The problems come when stock becomes unavailable and the number of enquiries increase. That is the situation we are currently in.

It might not seem like it but in only five years FLO has grown to become one of the largest UK astronomy retailers so we are managing better than most, our suppliers say.

Please be patient, the Brian Cox affect will wear off.

Hope that helps :icon_salut:

Steve

Archived