Hello All

Young_astronomer

Greetings and Hello Stargazers!

I'm Young_Astronomer (Mark), a Junior in High School with a voracious appetite for astronomy! I've been fascinated by the cosmos ever since I was little (something that is no doubt common here), and after discovering and browsing this forum for a while decided to register!

I've been scanning the skies for years, but only recently have I delved deep into the science! I've owned a pair of Celestron Binos for a while now, so I could familiarize myself with the greater parts of the heavens, and have been pouring myself over field guides and star charts! Heck, several times I've considered studying astronomy after High School, if only I didn't abhor math.

Anyway I'm planning to upgrade to an Orion ED 80 soon, so that I can get after those nebulae. I'm also planning on pursuing Astrophotography by this summer at least (I plan on viewing Venus' transit this June).

I hope you'll forgive any naivete, and that you'll accept someone as young as me!

Clear Skies to you! :D

Hi Mr Young astronomer and welcome to this great forum. Looks like you have plenty of ambition and a good 'to do' list which convinces me you'll get there in the end! Take your time, plan your observing and you will gain the necessary experience very quickly.

Clear skies for now and keep us all up to date with your observations - I think you have got the energy to inspire many of us on here.

James

Hello Mark and welcome to the SGL. Like you, I started contemplating the night sky at around 10 and have been hooked ever since (now 64).

There are several members your age here so don't feel Awkward. Math or no math, wishing you a long and prosperous journey in the hobby.

Heck, several times I've considered studying astronomy after High School, if only I didn't abhor math.

Hi and welcome. I went to university to do astronomy, many years ago. I fortunately didn't abhor Mathematics but couldn't get on with Physics so ended up teaching Maths, as we call it in the UK, for 34 years.

Archived