NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Planetary viewing EP for 200p Dob

AlexS

Hi, I am a new owner of a 200p Dob and want an EP for planetary viewing.

I have heard from some threads that anything under 8mm may be unsuitable.

I am looking at the BST Explorers at the moment because they seem to be within my budget. Has anyone tried the 8mm and the 5mm of these on this telescope?

I'd be thankful if anyone has any advice.:)

Not got the 8mm yet but im on the waiting list as I got the 25mm bst explorer a few weeks back for my sw 200 and found it to be excellent. nice wide useable fov, comfy to use and nice and clear. Especially compared with the supplied ones.

I often use my stock 10mm with barlow but I lose detail, so Im getting the 8mm then will barlow down to a 4mm if conditions permit as that pushes the 200 to 250x, assuming u have the 1000mm focal length same as my one.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Not got the 8mm yet but im on the waiting list as I got the 25mm bst explorer a few weeks back for my sw 200 and found it to be excellent. nice wide useable fov, comfy to use and nice and clear. Especially compared with the supplied ones.

I often use my stock 10mm with barlow but I lose detail, so Im getting the 8mm then will barlow down to a 4mm if conditions permit as that pushes the 200 to 250x, assuming u have the 1000mm focal length same as my one.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

4mm on the 200 DOB is x300, not x250 :)

Hi, I could never go below 8 or 7mm on my 200P, I recommend that you do not go down to 5mm, it will not be useable in my opinion. As previously alluded to, the BST Explorers are great value for money, and the 8mm and the 12mm are outstanding eyepieces in their class.

no but the 7mm celestron X-Cel LX ep in my SW 300p f 1500mm tonight on jupiter with a neodymium filter, gave me detail ,contrast ,brightness color like never before the clarity and detail on the cloud bands where mind blowing ,with out the filter and the 18mm X-Cel LX ,four moons could be seen in the same fov juoiter was smaller of course but held its detail and bands well no field curvature trailing stars pin sharp from one side to the other drift test on stars and jupiter were perfect from one side to the other ...

The bst Explorers are superb. My 12mm gives a wide focus field, just let jupiter drift across without focussing. It beats my Meade 12.4 4000 and my Vixen Nlv 12mm for the sharpness across the field.

I love the 12mm Explorer , as it's superb for Deep sky aswell.

We used a 21mm Hyperion with a x2 barlow and a blue filter to get some super details on Jupiter.

We used a 21mm Hyperion with a x2 barlow and a blue filter to get some super details on Jupiter.

hi i have about 15 mixed color filters what color blue did you use i have two light blues and a navy blue and a real dark blue what did you use ?

Archived