Big white thing arrived in a box today

Just unwrapped the Makski and I'm very impressed with the look of it so far, the "finder" looks like a 50mm APO in guide rings, the dovetail bit is enormous and they forgot to put the R&P focuser on. The CRAYFORD focuser seems very smooth, though I've not looked through it yet as i need to get it to bolt onto the HEQ5 or EQ6 style dovetail.

In the box with it were 2 Plossl EP thingys, a cross hair bit that screws up the shiny end of the EP, a T mount adapter with a filter thread in it :) and the well sexy finder 'scope.

I've got to get some work done now, or I'll never be allowed another toy.

You can send Mars over now chaps, I'm just about ready for it.

Kaptain Klevtsov

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just want to know if there was a bottle of Vodka in the box. I would be pretty miffed if there wasn't

Now we know there are priorities and there are priorities, but you can't keep us hanging on for a look at this magnifico beast that's just flew in from the Urals. So get your work done sharp like, and get cracking with the piccies.

We're all on tenterhooks here.

Ron. :)

No Vodka Ron. :)

OK snapped some quick pics for your delectation:-

The beast in all its glory

image.jpg

The baffle

image.jpg

The finder part 1 (dew shield removed for clarity)

image.jpg

Closer in

image.jpg

The finder focusing ring

image.jpg

Fully in focus position

image.jpg

Fully out - some serious amount of travel there!

image.jpg

The primary mirror

image.jpg

I'll try to stick a camera on it ASAP (well when I can mount it on the Skywatcher stuff)

Kaptain Klevtsov

WH, if you're ever in the UK, let me know mate.

It's a 200mm aperture F10 Klevtsov Maksutov Cassegrain, which I wont be able to spell after this Stella that I have just been handed. :)

If the sky is nice tonight it's going to get a go at Venus, if I can find it before it goes behind the workshop.

More Pics.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I used a heavy duty dovetail bar which I got for the Skelescope and fitted it to the captive dovetail under the Tal. The reason that its sticking out is the first part of a cunning plan.

Kaptain Klevtsov

Archived